This is a list of my weekly favorites: apps, books, and TED talks.
My Favorite Apps
Moodnotes: It is a journal to capture your mood and help improve your thinking habits. I use it on my phone (iOS) when I’m feeling some type of way and it has been helpful to check my thought process. It has prevented spiraling several times now.
Moodnotes helps you to:
- Track your mood and identify what triggers it
- Develop healthier thinking habits
- Learn about “traps” in your thinking and how to avoid them
- Reduce anxiety and enhance your sense of well-being
- Bring new, helpful perspectives to situations
- Increase your self-awareness
My Favorite Audiobook
by David Sedaris
This may be my absolute favorite book to listen to. I recommend the audiobook version. He has several others that are worth reading as well:
My Favorite TED Talks
There is one person in my life who find joy in just about everything. I’m envious of this ability. I once thought joy was self-indulgent, but I’m questioning that now. I’m trying to put myself in the path of joy.
By Ruby Wax
This is an oldie but a goodie. Her spastic approach to discussing mental health makes me feel at home. My thought move nearly as fast.